Well that was 2022. A post-pandemic powerhouse of a year. It was the first year where I used the lifestyling framework to work towards my greater goals and it worked out pretty good. It integrates the insights and learnings of various psychological & behavioral studies to let you make an impact in your own life. It is aimed at a 10-years rolling plan and plays with breaking down your big visions into smaller, digestible chunks. It incorporates a lot of practices that were described in Atomic Habits and similar advisories.
Actually, posting 12 of these inspiring articles (one every month) was part of my goals for 2022.
The month of December was all around chatgpt - a public, chat-based AI. And of course it is very tempting to start predicting what will happen based on this technology. It's a perfect meetup of the dreamers and the doomsayers. So here is a more laid back article on ChatGPT, what it is, what it may be and how we may deal with it.
- Here is Joca Torres with some advice on how to turn a feature team into a product team.
- We had a lot discussions about remote vs. onsite office, some say you only need this, others advocate that. Here is Johanna Rothman with a view on what may work for you personally in remote or onsite work.
- Here is John Cutler with an essay on self-awareness that leans into the concepts of the fundamental attribution error and the confirmation bias.
- Would you like to have a government in your infrastructure? Amazon said: Yes! Ukraine digitized their complete government, taxes, finances, property and Amazon picked it up with their desaster recovery vehicles.
- I am reading a lot of articles on content creation tech. Here is one article that stands out. Marc Thiele describes (in German) his lightweight, mobile podcast setup.
- Want to become a security engineer? Don’t wait! Here is a collection of study plans: https://github.com/jassics/security-study-plan
- From the Mob Programming Group here is a Trello board of software development resources.
- Product development happens in game development, too. And it's much more crucial, because the user's experience will ultimately lead to the game's success. So all product developers may subscribe to this game developer‘s channel on YouTube.
What to expect from 2023?
My 2023 plan and my updated vision for 5 and 10 years see some more content creation. While I will continue with these monthly inspirational articles, I am going to add some more blogposts, more regular writing and some changes to this website. This site requires a search engine and a little bit tagging magic, so that you can easily access content. Watch out for changes in the next weeks.