This website is about my learnings, my life, the things I experience and want to write about. I have taught myself juggling with code early in the 80s. Since then, I work with computers and information technology. I became a developer, a so-called system architect, later doing that on enterprise level. Today, I work in an inspiring team and try to source the value of internet technology for the people that use our products.
I always try to let myself inspire by smart people, their podcasts, their books. And I document my learnings in a trello board. Maybe I am going to publish that at some time.
I spend most of my time with my family. I love playing boardgames and sometimes I spend my evening in a pen & paper session of D&D.
Podcasts I am listening to
I love podcasts. But there is often not enough time to listen to them. I usually do that on my morning run. But even there sometimes I prefer listening to music or to the early birds in the springtime. However, here's a list of podcasts I highly recommend:
- Jeff Bubolz & Jeff Malewski run The Agile Wire - a great podcast on everything that is agile.
- Tim Klein & Dominique Winter host the Produktwerker podcast. A German podcast around product ownership.
- System Matters is a small publisher of roleplaying and tabletop systems. They publish extremely interesting games and their German podcast often discusses storytelling, game theory and contains awesome in-depth discussions, that is not only interesting to tabletoppers alone.
- Stories connecting dots is an inspiring podcast by Markus Andrezak on agile, products, innovation and organizations. There has not been an update for some time now.
A collection of what I like
Here‘s a curated list of things, websites, art & content that inspires me, helps me reflect on what I do and let me learn new things.
- zenhabits.net - I follow Leo Babauta since a very long time. He inspires me in how he reflects on himself and shares his practices and insights.
- Anselm Hannemann - I worked with Anselm and his view on sustainability and on personal responsibility and his discipline is always a good mirror for myself - he also curates and publishes the famous Web Development Reading List.
I will keep that list up-to-date and extend it as new, inspiring things enter my life.