I read "Lean auf gut Deutsch" by Mari Furukawa-Caspary and I enjoyed its voice & tone. The positivity gave me hope, that building human-centered companies can be done. There is a high correlation between agile principles and the LEAN approach as it was developed in Japanese companies in the last decades.
However, there are many misunderstandings which stem from some translational mistakes. Mari's book corrects that. If you are an agilist, I highly recommend you to read it.
- Lean auf gut Deutsch
- Markus Andrezak on Kanban (German, YouTube)
- Dr. Jeff Sutherland in a speaker interview for on How Toyota influenced Scrum.
We have started a YouTube channel and are learning about content creation. There is so much to learn so I will start collecting resources around the creation of digital content.
- If you have a podcast, you can find some stats at chartable.com,
rephonic.com and chartoo.com. However, it seems to be very difficult to find aligned figures :)
- Woa! Use markdown to build your Gantt chart (if you ever need one). Create your own timeline with markdown at markwhen.com.
- Managing source code branches is a mystic item in Software Development - even if you are the only contributor ;) Here is Martin Fowler with an extensive, roundhouse-kick-like view on managing branches.
- Franziska Hauck has written many articles on developer and job market insights. These are invaluable sources of information and you have to read it, if you are in software business. Her number crunching helps you to understand where are the developers in Germany.
- Leading organizations with a strategy often gets buried by your daily schedule. Lena Reinhard is a former founder and CEO with a colorful career and lots of experience. She is writing about her experience, too. Here is her 2-part series on What is strategic leadership? and Think strategically every day.
- And there is more Lena Reinhard: If you work in a hybrid environment (who does not these days?) it is difficult to be everywhere at once. This is Lena's take on How to lead in a hybrid environment? and Practical steps and examples on leading hybrid teams.
- Amplitude is the company where John Cutler works, this is their North Star Playbook.
- There's a chart at the ministry of environment & climate protection of Austria that tells you the factor of the sum of all consumptions of different vehicles you might want to travel with. Check the KEA factor in the column on the right. Who would have thought: Trains and (even) busses are wildly superior.