Have you heard of Sociotechnical Architecture? It is a concept pattern to ensure that work flows through both, organisations and technology. The basic idea is that the social world and the technology world have become so interdependent, that you cannot or should not think the one without the other. In a complex system, organisational structure, people, physical systems and work processes are depending on each other. They influence each other, too.
This was my mind-blowing moment this month and I spent a lot of time on the resources on the github page above. This is why Team Topologies is now lying on my bookshelf.
Here is the list of inspiring content in November 2021.
- Collaborating while developing software becomes ever more important. Here‘s Chelsea Troy on reviewing pull requests.
- In the article But isn‘t pair programming expensive?, Chelsea Troy explains the complex nature of software development and how pairing up can improve your code quality and male your org more efficient.
- Vladimir Simović, a renowned expert on web development in Germany, writes about maintaining Wordpress installations (German).
- A view on modern operating models around projects, products and problem-solving.
- Sometimes, you have to understand the reason, why something happened or not. If you are using 5-Why in analysing a situation, please read this article on 5-why (and how to do it right).
- Here are 8 agile games to use at work.
Product Management & Business
- John Danner explains how to pivot and regularly shape your business to market and customer needs in this Twitter thread.
- OKRs are not (your) strategy, says Roger Martin, and he's right. Don't misunderstand OKR as a strategy.
- Here are 20 extensive prioritization techniques for your product.
- As a leader you should know your own characteristics and the biases, that you often fall for. With that, holding colleagues and co-workers accountable without micromanaging them, becomes your most important skill.
- Sam McAfee explains, why enterprise agile teams Fail. A good article that resonates with my own experiences. Unfortunately, the reasons are rarely on the plate as risks to mitigate, when it comes to agile transformations.
- Not a month without David Burkus, this time telling us about why good employees quit.
- Learn how to create a Twitch stream overlay - boost your stream.
- If you are a speaker or an author, make sure to check out mindsandmatches.com. They are supporting speakers, authors and content creators.