We went to London over Easter. We had beautiful days walking around the city and we totally enjoyed the bustling activity and the spring sun. The supermarkets were not empty and the people in London were refreshingly london-ish. We explored the Seven Dials with beautiful little shops and some cafés, which let you hide from the other crowded town districts. Including the most delicious ice cream shop.
A few days ago, Jeff Gothelf wrote an article on Why horizontal IT blocks you from being agile and I could not agree more. In fact, I had to extend his words by writing my own article on Technology is a Skill.
- Where do you post your content? Are you using platforms to increase your reach? Here is a take on platforms, content creation and publishing.
- Oliver Brux is a web designer from Germany and he curates a classical blog about tech and webdesign - next to a beautiful website. Very refreshing to read his articles.
- Here is a great thread on 11 manager principles in collaboration with his team
- Here is an article on how to avoid certain bias as a leader
Modern Software Development
- There is no such thing as a DevOps engineer
- A Scrum Like Multi Level Kanban Implementation
- Here are some alternatives to the old todo list
- A story about product development at Slack
- Here is a very inspiring talk by Marty Cagan of svpg fame about Why Transformations Fail
- And listen to Elon Musk in a pretty fresh interview from the Texas Gigafactory opening
- How do you interact with the CEO of your company. Here is a good test whether your CEO approach might be succesful
- And a good article how healthy teams look like and behave
I will be joining the Düsseldorf beyondtellerand on May, 2nd and 3rd. If you see me running around there, don't hesitate to approach me.