We see the early days of spring and a lot of sunlight is freshening up our body & minds. Let's have a look at the inspiring stuff that I found in April 2021.
- Stefan Zörner writes a beautiful text on influential software architects of our times and what topics, learnings and insights they came up with
- Paul Hudson writes a beautiful, breath-taking, love-letter-like article on how to become an iOS developer in 2021 and spices it with an extensive YouTube learning video
- InnoQ's Shane Hastie give you the patterns and antipatterns of business agility
- Your KPI are not your achievement monitor, but pathfinder on your way. (German)
- Basics about System Thinking in a few images.
- They still live! Web Dev blogs - this time with an easy HTML boilerplate.
Strategy & Tech
- Are you still serving the business? Demand and supply in IT of the 90s? Learn about what you are missing out.
- Here is a playbook / template for a Pre-Mortem
- I've got a new MacBook Air. Which means I have to re-establish my dotfiles. Again, I wanted to make things better than before, so I found Awesome Dotfiles. If you're new to dotfiles, check out the Getting Started Guide
- Ooooh, APIs. The saviors of the future of IT. Uwe Friedrichsen starts an article series and writes about Content Spill in the blogpost "Don't make me think". Yay! Must-read!
- Some basics about roadmapping.
Culture & Leadership
- Jay writes about 5 simple steps to decentralise command and decision making, a foundation for trusting and resilient teams
- Since months we are exclusively working remote. That changes people. Read about what teams are struggling with when working from remote
- If you don't know it, admit it, Johanna Rothman writes.
- How can a meeting culture become toxic? How do you notice? Here is some advice on how to deal with toxic meeting culture.
- How to make people feel safe to speak up?
- Leading yourself with deliberate practice.
- There is a manager's playbook that is a must-read introduction to the basics of leadership.
- Here is the people policy of Neue Narrative, a German magazine.
- How do you deal with uncertainty. Does it lead you to anxiety? It may then restrict the options you see. Leo has some good advice to find delight in uncertainty.
- Here's a good & quite perfectly working Dungeon Finder for your Minecraft seed.
- Florian Meyer takes on product development and strategy in an interview with Tim Klein on the Produktwerker podcast.
- Aaaaaand the Produktwerker again with an interview with Katja Busch on the difficult User Experience-Stakeholder relationship.
- Yt! What is the difference of the project and product mindset?
- Somehow I forgot how good Markus Andrezak describes Wardley Maps in this talk at the sip gate HQ. Jump to minute 32 for details.